Data deleted by mistake¶
Your HOME and THRONG storage areas have well-defined backup policies. Please find the details in the dedicated paragraph.
For a simpler management of the ACL, users are invited to use the script
Please find the details in the dedicated paragraph.
Request a database¶
Please submit a request to our user support specifying the desired volume:
Work on SPS¶
You may access your semi-permanent storage by connecting to an interactive server
and accessing the path
Depending on the access rights defined by your czar, you will be able to read, write and execute to and from this space.
To check the space occupation you may also use the SPS monitoring interface. For any issue with this interface, please browse first the answered questions below.
- Questions on SPS monitoring
- How are file types guessed?
- These statistics must be wrong, they do not account files created today!
- These statistics must be wrong, the total size is larger than the size of the filesystem (space)!
- How often/when are the statistics updated?
- Can I see the per user statistics of N days ago?
- Can I compare the per user statistics of today and yesterday (or N days before)?
- How does automated cleanup work?
- I want my group’s SPS space(s) to be cleaned up automatically, who should I contact, who is in charge of starting the cleanups?
- Some of my files disapperead, what happened?
- I see discrepancies between some of the graphics for the space(s) of my group, is this a bug?
How to use iRODS¶
To use the iRODS storage you need a specific account; you may ask for it by contacting our user support. Once you receive the creedntials, you may connect and use the iCommands as explained in the dedicated paragraph.
To add, remove, list or query user-defined metadata, use the iCommand
imeta as explained in the dedicated paragraph.
How to use TSM¶
To request the addition of directories to backup, please contact our user support. For any issue with this service, please read first the answered questions below.
- Questions on TSM
- Which information to provide when requesting to backup directories or backup nodes?
- How to know which management classes are available for my data?
- How to change the initial password of my node?
- How to know the files filtered by CC-IN2P3 TSM administrators?
- When to use a “Domain” or a “VirtualMountPoint”?